Strategic Alliance Manager
The position is responsible for the management of Consultus’ key strategic partnerships. The job holder is required to manage and develop relationships with a view to retaining existing business while cultivating and securing new business opportunities. The role incorporates working with the following Industry & Commercial based channels:
Global Accounts – a contractual relationship where a master agreement is in place with a parent organisation but the solution still needs to be sold to potential participants.
Strategic Alliance Partners –businesses that want to build mutually beneficially commercial relationships.
Technical Solutions Partners – other business that will help Consultus provide a wider service offering.
- Build strong and long lasting partnership/alliance relationships
- Win new business by leveraging partnership/alliance relationships
- Deliver a seamless approach in the selling and delivery of services to clients/prospects of the alliance partners.
- Oversee the whole “client experience” (ensuring appropriate delivery of all services sold) in line with the customer charters/KPI’s
- Hold consultative discussions to identify what is important to each client
- Manage a portfolio of clients related to partnership/alliance relationships to retain client income streams for the long term.
- Take the strategic lead with client’s utility requirements, providing consultancy guidance so that clients can seek and take advantage of the best opportunities available to them within the utilities arena and protect them from risks the market may present.
- Lead/coordinate/plan the strategic direction/advice for clients (working with cross departmental service delivery teams where applicable.)
- Deliver risk management and market intel advice
- Deliver client updates/reports such as, fortnightly market updates, industry updates and adhoc reporting ensuring clients understand the communication and any impact on them
- Contract and strategy recommendation delivery and sign off
- Ensure all client utility supply contracts are secured in a timely manner
- Ensure internal reporting requirements are met
- Provide assistance in tasks related to clients within the wider team portfolio when required
- Work closely with the customer service team to ensure operational requirements and standards are met
- Ensure clients having an understanding of all services available to them
KEY ATTRIBUTES, QUALIFICATIONS, QUALITIES AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
The jobholder is expected to (or be working towards);
- Have had experience and held a similar position in sales and/or relationship management, ideally being able to demonstrate their role in company growth. Preferably with extensive energy industry knowledge but not essential
- Experience with selling to significant business i.e. FTSE 250, Blue Chip, and Global
- Experience with selling at FD, CFO and Director Level
- A keen focus on sales development
- Be driven to succeed and show considerable appetite towards business deliverables
- A detailed understanding of sales is essential
- An ability to understand and integrate with the financial requirements of the clients. The role involves a high degree of commercial awareness
- Being able to provide a simple explanation on energy matters to non-experts
- As the role covers a number of differing activities, it is important that the individual can prioritise their work and be flexible to change their activities to reflect the current key business need
- Be able to converse at a high level and be a good communicator/ motivator
- Good time management with excellent organisational and planning skills
- Must be computer literate with excellent IT skills – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, e-mail, etc.
- Capable of working on own initiative and providing attention to detail
- A team player, resilient and positive
- Degree level education desirable but not essential
- Proven ability to influence people at all levels within the organisation
- Be an exemplar of the Consultus values; Distinctive, Working Together, Integrity, Continual Development, Excellence, Delight.
« Return to Careers