Risk Management Specialist
The Risk Management team is looking to recruit a Risk Management Specialist to ensure that Consultus is able to continue delivering world class risk management, energy trading and strategy services. The role will be fully aligned to 3 of the Consultus International Group’s strategic goals; One Team, World Class delivery and Sustainable Growth. You will be responsible for the delivery of risk management client positions in support with the Consult team. The role also involves analysing wholesale market and third party energy drivers to enable informed decision making regarding energy procurement, in addition to evaluating legislative changes affecting clients of the Consultus International Group. It is envisaged that this role will have a strong client orientated focus and involve regular communication and support of the relationship management with risk managed clients.
- Ongoing monitoring of customer procurement positions in line with agreed risk strategies; carrying out trading actions as and when required in response to agreed strategy.
- Discussion with clients over market activity to provide expert trading recommendations in line with client objectives.
- Analysis of risk management strategies to optimise client options; presentation of different risk management options to clients and recommending the optimum strategy based on customer requirements. Writing agreed strategy into a formal Risk Policy document.
- Regular face to face meetings/ telephone calls with clients to discuss; hedged positions, client objectives, carry out strategy reviews and discuss market developments.
- Ongoing monitoring of energy market price developments and the drivers behind the market moves on an international basis. Market drivers include technical fundamental data on gas and power supply and demand on a global basis.
- Consistent discussion with clients over market activity to provide expert trading recommendations in line with client objectives.
- Ongoing monitoring of legislation affecting customer costs; understanding changes and cost implications for all markets internationally.
- Explain and evaluate the impacts of legislative changes to clients and where possible explore new opportunities for clients arising from legislation changes.
- Update of all customer risk position reports by 11:00am, and that any required trades are either actioned or request from customers to trade are sought by 11:30am each working day
- Percentage of risk managed clients achieving “good value” for their strategy performance.
- Number of clients signed onto an energy risk management policy.
- Consult team and client satisfaction feedback scores.
- World class risk updates, delivered consistently and timely.
« Return to Careers