Trust in our people
The Consultus International Group is a cause-driven business, on a mission to leave the planet in a better place than it is now. At the forefront of innovation, we’re looking for great minds to help us support people on their Net Zero journey.
Highly motivated self-starters deserve a level of autonomy. As someone with a sense of initiative and drive, we trust you to do your role effectively. Our Assistant Accountants (fixed term) have:
- Qualified AAT or part qualified ACCA/CIMA
- Proven experience in Sage Line 50, all ledger functions (AP/AR/GL/FA/Bank), accounts preparation and VAT return preparation
- Advanced excel skills, including Pivot tables and ability to analyse complex data
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work flexibly, independently and accurately
We are invested in you!
Whether you’re with us permanently or fixed term, we’re committed to your development and wellbeing and value your opinion. As part of your role, you will have your say on how we can improve processes.
We understand that everyone has their own needs, which is why we provide our people with Perkbox rewards. Perkbox allows you to create a benefits package which is unique to you! In addition, you’ll receive:
- Training and development, to help you become the best.
- External ‘Employee Assistance Programme’ and continuous initiatives, to support mental and physical wellbeing.
- Flexible Working Scheme, to ensure a comfortable work-life balance.
- Generous holiday package, because ‘you-time’ is important.
- Flexible mornings off a year (pro-rata), because we understand that life throws surprises.
- Hybrid home and office working from our modern offices in Leicester, because you can!
Become an expert with us
Your role will be at the heart of our processes and will provide you with a great understanding of the energy industry. You will be involved in:
- To prepare monthly management accounts and assist with financial accounts preparation
- Looking after the General Ledger (GL), Purchase Ledger (PL), Fixed Asset Register, for the individual group entities, including new businesses acquired and internal developments
- Ensuring accuracy of documentation and its suitability for audit requirements
- Supporting business growth including providing finance related advice and support to all operational and non-finance areas of the business
- To advise on expenditure trends and variances and similarly on cash flow management and cash forecasts
- To assist in review and implementation of any proposed changes to group support services functions
Purchase Ledger and Bank
- Preparation of the cash flow forecast for review and assistance with analysis and interpretation of cash movements
- Regular liaison with suppliers with regards to payment dates
- Setup supplier payments through the banking system making sure they are in line with the cash forecast
- Updating the cash position and purchase ledger payments forecasting
- Monitor cash and monitor outgoings to ensure sufficient funds available
- Monitor and forecast direct debit payments
- Check and authorise bank reconciliations prepared by the finance assistant
- VAT Return preparation and submission
- Support the FR&P Accountant with budgets, P&L forecasting and departmental analysis
- Support the team with providing relevant Management Information (MI) to the business
- Assist in providing cost variance analysis for departments and specific business entities
- Support with credit control where required
- Support with sales ledger if and when required
Committed to inclusion and diversity
The Consultus International Group is an organisation represented by individuals from all backgrounds. We are proud to continue building a team which embraces inclusion, so encourage suitable applications from a diverse array of talent.