Electrical Building Services Design Engineer
This is a full time, permanent position for an experienced electrical design engineer, responsible for taking projects from concept to completion. You will be given early responsibility for your own projects, but will have the support of a Director when required. You will assist with early stage concept designs and reports, and later you will carry out calculations and prepare drawings and specifications for all the electrical services. You will work with a small team alongside the project mechanical engineers. You will also be responsible for the construction phase of the projects in attending site progress meetings and generally monitoring the installation of the services designed. You will be flexible in your approach to your work as one of the practice’s key strengths is that it does not employ a rigid ‘one size fits all’ management system.
- Provide input on design strategy and conceptual design relative to electrical installations
- Undertake design calculations relevant to the design of electrical installations within major building projects
- Design electrical installations including the production of design drawings, diagrams and schematics along with project specifications and schedules
- Design electrical installations to meet all existing, relevant British Standards, Building Regulations and other relevant standards
- Design electrical installations to meet requirements for energy efficiency and low carbon requirements
- Able to work as part of a team to meet project brief and programme requirements on electrical design
- Support senior members of staff in managing client and design team relationships
- Demonstrate a wide knowledge and relevant project experience of electrical systems across a range of sectors
- The budgeted cost of work that has actually been performed in carrying out a scheduled task during a specific time period.
- Project progress relative to milestones.
- The number of working hours spent on different aspects of the works
- The number of variations
« Return to Careers