Head of Global Trades
Part of the Global Operations Team, the Head of Global Trades will ensure Consultus delivers market-leading innovative products and services, while meeting the group’s strategic goals: One Team; Sustainable Growth; and Word Class delivery. You will lead a team of client-facing Risk Management experts and build a brand new revenue generating Trades Team in our London Thames Valley office. This is a senior position within the group and will require the successful candidate to work closely with the Global R&D and Consultancy departments, as well as the Procurement and Supplier Relationship teams.
- Development of commercial propositions to bring additional income to Consultus through the services provided by the Procurement and Global Risk Management teams.
- Ensure Consultus services remain class-leading in the TPI sector through benchmarking versus competitor offers.
- Development of products related to commodities beyond the energy sector, broadening the range of services available to clients.
- Development of products related to energy services ensuring Consultus and energy supplier products have a clear and identified path to market.
- Budget creation and timelines for projects from inception through to completion.
- Consult with clients and Consultancy team about specific needs and requirements prior to developing or starting projects.
- Development and maintenance of targets for reporting into the Board of Directors. Communication of Product Developments to the wider business including other operations teams and the Executive Committee.
- Creation of Job Specs and recruitment of new team based in LTV
- Support the Global Risk Management team members regarding:
- Core market drivers or MI production and “quality control” on designated publications as required.
- Strategic discussions on market direction supported by fundamental and statistical analysis (allowing the creation of a Consultus playbook)
- Development of trading and commodity services, to deliver further value to Risk Managed clients.
- Continuous development of new risk management and market intelligence products, pricing information, forecasting and strategy.
- Support Procurement Team members regarding:
- Development of services to ensure the Consultus Procurement Team offers leading procurement solutions for clients. Develop and deliver commercial propositions based on supplier relationships
- Creating and delivering service efficiencies to ensure that company SLAs are achieved on a consistent basis.
- Delegating tasks related to project completion
- Ensure that Consultus remains at the forefront of Procurement and Risk Management services by monitoring industry developments.
- Ensure that relevant team members & consultants are able to talk confidently and with authority on the suite of Procurement and Risk Management techniques that Consultus offers across all commodities. Provide guidance and assistance both internally and externally on the most appropriate solution given a client’s risk appetite and needs.
- Generation of revenue directly attributable to the Procurement and Global Risk Management teams; delivery of reliable and accurate financial results.
- Monitoring of costs to serve and provision of clear business plans prior to the introduction of new services.
- Production of World Class risk updates, delivered consistently and timely
- Energy Industry products and services
- Inquisitive personality
- Commercial Awareness
- Must be able to explain complicated technical information in a simple and easy to understand language
- Stakeholder Management
- Relationship Building skills and working as part of a project team
« Return to Careers