Head of Sales
The Head of Sales primary role is to lead both the I&C and SME sales teams, overseeing activities of our sales consultants and monitoring performance. The Head of Sales defines and communicates the business’s sales strategy, KPIs and targets, analyses patterns in consumer and market behaviour, and subsequently defines data-driven action strategies to enable consistent optimisation of the business’s commercial performance.
- Leadership – positively driving forward all sales personnel to exceed expectations. In charge of developing weekly/monthly/annual and seasonal sales targets for the department, examining growth opportunities, enabling sales improvements and taking responsibility for the department’s performance against targets.
- Strategy – research, develop and implement sales strategies for both I&C and SME channels that further the department’s agenda and drives enhanced revenue generation. Develop budgets and maintain forecasts.
- Analytics– utilising various tools to analyse sales performance for the purpose of reporting sales strategy successes, weaknesses, and opportunities.
- Collaboration– creating both internal and external relationships to enhance the identity of the business and objectives.
- Knowledge/Relationships/Opportunity– using knowledge and sales skill to assist with enterprise pursuits and to coach/develop the sales personnel.
- Other duties– performs other duties where necessary as assigned by the Directors.
Key Attributes, Qualifications, Qualities and Experience Required:
The jobholder is expected to have:
- Experience – The Head of Sales must have had significant experience in a sales position within a fast-paced and dynamic business environment, preferably working in the position of a Senior Sales Manager. The candidate must also have a proven and successful ability to lead a group of sales personnel towards growth in enhanced sales volumes, enhanced revenue generation and client experience, while displaying exceptional leadership skills and confidence.
- Education – preferably holds a degree in either business, marketing, sales or communications however, not essential.
Skills to include:
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint, Word and CRM systems
- Excellent multitasking and organisational skills combined with attention to detail and high-level outcomes
- Display strategic thinking and a strong interest in the Energy industry and commercial market trends
- Outstanding negotiation skills
- Sales leadership experience including people management, development, coaching and planning experience and inspire the sales team in a unified direction and vision
- Strong business acumen, with commercial and risk awareness, and can confidently think on your feet
- Analytical approach to problem solving and a track record of driving results through continuous improvement
- Manage the budget and have a sound understanding of financial implications in the role such as P&L
The job holder will be assessed against the following SLA’s;
- Sales to new clients by both Volume and £’s signed across both I&C and SME sales divisions
- Maintaining the Company Image
- Increasing the profile of the business and presenting the image of the business in a professional and positive manner
- Application of the Core Values
- Successful strategy development and execution
- Adherence to the Company Standards, Policies and Procedures
- Development of team
- Strong communication
« Return to Careers