Senior Software Developer
OVERALL PURPOSE OF JOB:
To develop and maintain all aspects of the bespoke software developments ensuring maximum availability of information. To implement systems in a timely and accurate manner. To predominantly provide Delphi application and SQL database development support and development and contribute to the forward strategic plan of migrating applications to a SaaS and web-based offering in a predominantly PHP based solution.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To produce software specifications from the relevant briefs, to include costs and timescales
- To support the in-house suite of enterprise applications and systems
- To be uphold the position of a Senior Software Developer alongside other senior developers and one software tester, reporting into the Team Lead
- To uphold and help define software standards for Consultus
- Write software to meet the needs of the users.
- To develop applications within the agreed timescale.
- To contribute to the Software strategic plan of migrating from Delphi desktop applications to PHP web or cloud based application offering over time.
- To document important actions
- To maintain/fix applications as required.
- To provide a Support and Training for the users when needed.
- To prioritise workload in conjunction with the Software and Data Manager.
- To provide help to external clients as appropriate.
- To assist the IT Manager with maintenance and configuration of IT systems as required
- To liaise with contract personnel on internal software-based activities.
- To track and resolve problems with internally developed software and assist in tracking and solving other software and hardware problems on web facing systems.
- To introduce procedures for dealing with above.
- To advise on feasibility of proposed software developments.
- To actively seek to promote good working relationships with relevant departments within the Company to ensure effective communication at all times.
- To assist in the implementation of Company policies and procedures raising any queries with the Group Head of Software & IT
- To structure workflow to fit in with guidelines and proven practices.
- To ensure that all activities carried out comply with the Health and Safety at work act and any problems are reported to the Directors.
- Any other related duties as and when required
KEY ATTRIBUTES, QUALIFICATIONS, QUALITIES AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
The jobholder is expected to (or be working towards);
- Sustained development of their experience and qualities/ Qualifications in their area.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS:
The jobholder will be assessed against the following SLA’s;
- Quality of interface with other Consultus team members
- Application of the Core Values
- Adherence to the Company Standards, Policies and Procedures
- As defined within the annual objectives and Personal Development Review process.
TO APPLY FOR THIS ROLE, PLEASE EMAIL YOUR CV AND COVERING NOTE TO:
« Return to Careers